The National Association of Realtors launches the “That’s Who We R” National Ad Campaign
I have been waiting to see these since Inman Connect in New York where they announced they were putting the final touches on these and they would soon be sharing them in a national campaign.
The campaign has a 60 second and a 30 second version that I have seen. Both versions focus on helping the consumer understand the differences between a Realtor and a real estate agent and highlights what Realtors care about.
A Realtor and a real estate agent are drastically different. A Realtor promises to abide by the Associations Code of Ethics and join NAR (National Association of Realtors). The NAR Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice is a pledge of honesty, integrity, professionalism and community service as a true partner for buying or selling a home or property” said John Smaby. 2019 President. NAR.
From the Video the Code of Ethics:
- “Encourages us to be community advocates and fight for safer neighborhoods”
- “Inspires us to stand up for our veterans so they have a home they deserve”
- “That built a relief foundation for families affected by natural disasters”
- “Puts ethics at the core of every business decision”
- “Fuels us to work with lawmakers to protect property rights”
- “Because we believe owning a house is part of the American dream”
- “Is what we stand for”
Finally a public campaign about the huge distinctions between a Realtor and a real estate agent. Is it enough to make consumers look for a Realtor as the trusted professional to help them when buying or selling their home.
Side Note: A licensed real estate agent is not required to become a member of NAR or abide by the Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice. To become a real estate agent in most states requires a minimum of 30 or more hours of classroom instruction and a needs to pass a an official exam.